|Posted by Anna H. on December 17, 2016 at 10:00 AM|
How's it going my gumdrops? Have you done any Christmas shopping yet or are you still waiting, until the very last minute for sales? Over these last 3 days to nearly 2 months, you already know that I've been shopping like crazy for mostly family and friends.
Because I come from a somewhat large family and since I wanted to buy presents for friends, I had to do some budgeting with my money. Many people dread this time of year because they feel really pressured and distressed. Otherwise, there are some, who purposely choose to be apathetic cheapskates because they hate the holidays.
Billboards, commercials, and the media in general love to shove Christmas in our faces and down our throats, before the month of December. Loved ones may be terminally ill, if not be raped or killed before, during, and after the holidays.
To make matters worse, there are poor people, who are unable to provide for their families in general much less give a child(ren) a magical Christmas. Therefore, I can sympathize and empathize with people for not wanting to celebrate holidays, this month.
Some of you may recall that last December, my family and I spent money giving a long-time friend and her son Christmas. We HATED the thought of her little boy waking up on Christmas Day without anything under the tree for him.
This led to my grandmother, mother, and I going Christmas shopping for my friend and her family. Then, we shipped their Christmas presents to them.
This year, I bought them more Christmas presents. Right now, my family and I have been waiting for 1 extra present to be shipped to our house, so that we can send it with the rest of the presents I bought for them.
In addition, I have already spent more money buying presents for 2 other long-time friends, that I have known for the last 10-12 years. At least 1 of my friends got their Christmas presents. That same friend asked, "What do you want for Christmas?"
What an excellent question. My family has been asking me this same question. If you already know my personality, hobbies, and interests, it shouldn't be too hard to think of what to buy.
People should really be asking themselves before shopping:
1) What is my budget? ($10 or more/less)
2) What is IN my budget? ($10 or more/less)
3) What does he/she like? (Examples: hobbies, interests, views)
4) Can I customize my gift? (Examples: basket or mug with candy, hot chocolate, tea, body care, etc.)
5) How well do I know this person? (not very well or well enough)
6) Is he/she a good friend or an acquaintance? (If you BARELY know the person, you don't have to spend a lot on him/her. It is the thought that counts after all.)
It can be really difficult buying presents for certain people, when they already have a lot. Since this is the case with yours truly, I have to think really long and hard about what I would really like. This is especially when I don't want people to feel like I am trying to take them to the poor house shopping for me.
Here are a few ideas of what you can buy some people and yours truly. Some ideas of what close friends can buy me are in bold red with links.
1) Customizing mugs or gift basket with tea, coffee, hot chocolate, candy, etc. [Whichever works.]
2) Customizing a basket with bars of glycerin soap.
4) Music- If you know that person's favorite band, singer, music genre(s), etc. you should have no problem.
5) Anime- This is similar to #4. Everyone who frequents It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns should have some ideas of what to buy me or a fellow fan.
6) Movies- Also similar to #4. You already know that I'm a Horror fan in general. However, I'm mostly a Slasher Horror fan.
7) Christmas card with cash or a gift card always works as well.
8 ) You can never get too many headphones for reasonable prices.
9) Scented Candles for all those, who love lighting candles.
10) T-shirts, sweaters, sweat shirts, blouses, trouser socks, etc. as long as you know his/her size.
11) Hat & Gloves Set for those in need of some to keep them warm.
I am NOT begging any and everyone to buy me something really expensive, when it is NOT within your budget. If you have the money, fantastic! If you only have a little bit of money, it's not that big of a deal. This is only naming a few things for what you can buy someone you know and/yours truly.
All this talking about Christmas presents has mostly dominated today's Song Saturday. Considering that next weekend will be Christmas, I thought I would share a little Christmas Music.
Last week, I stumbled upon a darker version of the song, "Carol Of The Bells" sung by Madame Macabre. It features the pianist, Myuuji obviously playing the piano. I have never seen or heard of Madame Macabre or Myuuji, until this past week on YouTube.
You learn something everyday. This is exactly why I love YouTube. Anyway, here is Madame Macabre and Myuuji's dark version of "Carol Of The Bells" for today's Song Saturday.
Madame Macabre [Featuring Myuuji] "Carol Of The Bells" (2015)
Thank you my gumdrops! Don't forget to like, subscribe, share, +1 on Google Plus, and leave your feedback in the comments section below!
Categories: Song Saturday