|Posted by Anna H. on August 16, 2015 at 2:50 AM|
How's it going my gumdrops? You may have already noticed, that I have been focusing on Horror a lot more recently. This should be somewhat understandable, considering that I belong to a Horror social networking site like Horror-Punks.com, created my own Horror page on It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns, and I enjoy watching Horror.
These last several weeks, I have mentioned Chiller TV's Anime Wednesday block. Throughout last week, I searched for an official confirmation of whether or not Chiller TV canceled Anime Wednesday. I went as far as messaging the network. Chiller TV never responded back on stalkbook.
While doing Google searches, I only saw people on Chiller TV's social media accounts, YouTube, Anime News Network, Adult Swim, and other forums and social media sites claiming, that Chiller TV canceled Anime Wednesday. I also stumbled upon my very own Cartoon Sunday blog from last week.
Type into Google "Is Chiller TV's Anime Wednesday Canceled?" and scroll down the page. In case you missed the link to my blog on Google, the link is below.
As I was saying, there is no actual confirmation directly from Chiller TV. I read on another blogger's page, that Anime Wednesday tanked in the ratings. Supposedly, Anime Wednesday had ZERO ratings. I have always hated The Nielsen Ratings.
The Nielsen Ratings System is extremely inaccurate. Every TV viewer doesn't sit around documenting every little show we watch. I have never done The Nielsen Ratings because it's rigged and very biased.
Contrary to Chiller TV's so-called "zero" ratings, those of us Horror and Anime fans with Direct TV and Dish Network watched Anime Wednesday. There are several reasons why Anime Wednesday tanked.
Why Chiller TV's Anime Wednesday Tanked In Viewership:
1) Extremely niche- Only Direct TV and Dish Network have Chiller TV. It's not on Time Warner or any other provider. This is mostly what hurt Anime Wednesday's viewership.
2) Terrible advertising- I had no idea that Chiller TV started airing Anime again, until I happened to channel surf, during the same night Anime Wednesday premiered. It barely got any acknowledgement both on and offline.
3) Terrible scheduling- Anime on late Wednesday nights was already a bad idea. Had the block aired, during the early evening/primetime slot, Anime Wednesday would've gotten more viewers. Honestly, if Chiller TV would've aired Anime on Fridays, during more reasonable hours, that could've improved its viewership. It also could've rivaled Adult Swim's Toonami block.
4) Integrity- Much like NBC, Syfy, and Chiller TV's other sister stations, it lacks integrity. A nice chunk of Chiller's programming is a hub for Syfy's failbag shows.
Before Chiller TV began airing Ani-Monday years ago, I sometimes watched the network for old miniseries like Freddy's Nightmares. Just when Chiller's Anime Wednesday had a chance, the network POSSIBLY yanked the block.
5) Ignorant and extremely bratty Horror fans- On Chiller TV's facebook fan page, I saw a few middle school brats throwing temper tantrums about a cheesy and highly censored PG-13 rated Horror channel airing "Japanese cartoons." I'm willing to bet that 1 particular brat was the same bratty, pompous ass, YouTube vlogger, who degraded Anime fans.
There is a wannabe hoodrat YouTube vlogger, who believes he is superior to Anime fans. Apparently, he's better than Anime fans because he's not (insert homophobic slurs), a "virgin," or an Anime fan since he has a sex life. Over compensate much?
I would've shared his vlog but I refuse to have my IQ drop even more, after listening to that over compensating, wannabe hoodrat trying to sound intelligent. Besides, he doesn't need anymore viewership. The poser needs to crack open a book and get a real education. Then, he can better articulate himself in his YouTube vlogs.
Generally speaking, Chiller TV doesn't know how to communicate with its Horror and Anime fans. This really doesn't help anyone. If it really wants to maintain its current viewers, having integrity, organization, better advertising, and showing consistency with its schedule would greatly help everyone.
Chiller TV needs all the help it can get because it is highly unwatchable for the most part. I get the impression that most of NBC Universal's networks are being run by a bunch of flakes, that ride on The Hot Mess Expresss Train.
It sounds a bit harsh to say, but I can't help it. Chiller TV really has potential for both Horror and Anime fans. Although, the people in charge of it obviously have no idea of how to run it, which is highly visible to its viewers.
On the positive side, at least Chiller TV aired Funimation Entertainment's trailer for the Seinen Horror Action Anime, Tokyo Ghoul. I have heard about Tokyo Ghoul at least several times. Eventually, I will have a chance to watch it.
I still have yet to watch the entire series, Tokyo Majin (no relation to Tokyo Ghoul). It doesn't seem like Chiller TV will be resuming to Anime Wednesday anytime soon. Therefore, it's better to watch both Tokyo Majin and Tokyo Ghoul independently.
According to Anime News Network, Tokyo Ghoul is about a college student named Ken Kaneki. He meets a girl his age, named Rize at a cafe, that he frequents and quickly bonds with her. Ken Kaneki doesn't know, that Rize is a ghoul.
Hunting and devouring human flesh is how Rize survives. After The Red Child (Rize's special organ) is transplanted into Kaneki's body, he becomes a ghoul and is trapped in a warped world where humans are not at the top of the food chain. Anyway, here is the trailer for Tokyo Ghoul for today's Cartoon Sunday.
Tokyo Ghoul Trailer (2015)
Thank you my gumdrops! Don't forget to like, subscribe, share, +1 on Google Plus, and leave your feedback in the comments section below!
Categories: Cartoon Sunday