|Posted by Anna H. on August 3, 2017 at 2:25 PM|
How's it going my gumdrops? Today I am answering more questions. Like I have said in the past, I normally reserve Q&A blogs for September 23rd. Next month on September 23rd will be the 4th anniversary of It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns.
Since a number of my subscribers typically have a lot of questions to ask, I have been trying to decide if I should do Q&A blogs more routinely.
Let me know what you think! Last week, I answered Jesse's question. Today I have 3 questions from Victor. Victor asks the following:
1) Have you ever listened to a song, that you liked but you can't remember the artist or name of said song and would get it stuck in your head for hours hoping to remember the artist's name?
2) What brand of anime do you like that are of your taste buds? (Dark Comedy, Horror, Gritty Grindhouse, mature shows, etc.)
3) Did you ever have pets when you were younger and wish you had seen them one last time?
These are excellent and fun questions to answer, Victor. I am actually glad that you asked them. Here are my answers to your questions.
1) Yes! This has happened, since childhood. You would be amazed at the amount of times throughout my life, that I have heard songs but did not know, who sang them. This is something most of us listeners face at least once in our lifetime, I'm sure.
After watching commercials, that advertise music compilations, if not seeing an old music video aired on MTV Classic (nowadays), I usually end up saying,"Oh! So that's who sang this song! I always thought it was ___" or something along those lines.
In fact, I was in the middle of watching MTV Classic the other night and saw the music video for the song "Broken Wings." I always thought it was Don Henley's growing up. It turns out it was Mr. Mister, who sang "Broken Wings."
Interesting enough, Mr. Mister DID actually go on tour with Don Henley, The Bangles, The Eurythmics, etc. during the 1980's.
Also, the Indie Grebo Industrial Rock band, Pop Will Eat Itself. For the last 2 decades, I never knew who sang the song, "Ich Bin Ein Ausländer." This means "I am a foreigner" in German. When 102.1's DJ, Raven used to host her radio show, Industrial Nation on late Saturday nights, she played Electronica and Industrial remixes of Rock songs. It was not until a year or 2 ago, that I learned the name of this band.
To be more specific, Raven used to host her Saturday night show, Industrial Nation, in my hometown at New Rock 102.1, during the mid to late 1990's.
2) When it comes to Anime, I try not to limit genres and sub-genres. I watch a wide variety of Japanese animation meant for both genders, different age groups, sexual orientations, etc. both English subtitled and dubbed.
Lately, I have not had as much time to watch as many as I used to because I'm busy both on and offline. I still have yet to watch xxxHolic in its entirety. However, I'm currently watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tokyo Ghoul, and I'm re-watching Naruto Shippuden dubbed in English on Adult Swim's Toonami block.
If I had more time, I would marathon Anime again. My biggest complaint about both Cartoon Network and Adult Swim these last 5-9 years has been, that both only care about Shonen Jump Action Anime.
Because of these restrictions, both have bred a lot of ignorant, self-entitled, and highly misinformed fanboys in America.
Toonami only represents Action Animation mostly meant for teenage boys. It does not represent female viewers. The people running both Cartoon Network and Adult Swim intentionally alienate most of their viewers regardless of their age and gender.
Colours TV was the only network, that represented a wide variety of Anime genres for both genders. Even though Colours TV was a highly syndicated multi-cultural network, it STILL aired Shonen, Shojo, Comedy, Romance, Action, Mystery, etc.
Cartoon Network and Adult Swim could afford to tear a page out of Colours TV's book. Colours was EXTREMELY lowly-funded. Although, those running it were still able and willing to air something for most types of Anime fans.
3) Yes, I've had 3 dogs and 4 guinea pigs, during my youth. I haven't owned any pets for the last 13 years. Pets require a lot of time, money, energy, and care. I always took care of my guinea pigs and they normally lived for at least 5 years.
After my last dog, Alexis had to be euthanized in 2004, I stopped wanting pets. I hate the fact, that my pets normally died around Christmas.
Who wants to wake up to dead pets on Christmas Day?
I sure as hell don't. I don't want to be in tears on Christmas Day because my pet died naturally or was euthanized without being told about it, until the very last minute.
I REALLY wish I could've seen my dog, Mendy 1 last time before doing my high school final exams before Christmas Break, almost 2 decades ago. After coming home from school and learning, that he was euthanized, I cried my eyes out.
Hopefully, all 3 questions have been answered Victor. Since I mentioned Pop Will Eat Itself, I might as well share their music video for "Ich Bin Ein Ausländer" with you all.
Pop Will Eat Itself "Ich Bin Ein Ausländer" Dos Dedos Mis Amigos (1994)
Thank you my gumdrops! Don't forget to like, subscribe, share, +1 on Google Plus and leave your feedback in the comments section below!
Categories: About Me/My Writing/MORE